Pages

This is a fun blog.

It is for me to keep in touch with my students and all others who create art and/or enjoy art....any medium.

It is for all of us to include our thoughts, ideas, happenings, and show our artwork. Just e-mail me those ideas and photos and I will post them to this blog. Please do !!! It will make it a group blog.

Enter your e-mail address in the "Follow by Email" to the right, if you would like to get email notification each time something has been posted. If you don't wish to do that...be sure to check back often...as I hope to post very often. You can also add the blog address to your favorites.

To enlarge any photo...just click on it.

(If this is your first time visiting this blog.... scroll down to (or look at the "Blog Archive" section) for the Tuesday, Aug 28th posting which was the first posting with info. These blogs add the newest posting on top).


Enjoy......


Monday, September 10, 2012

Quiz Answer:  How many paintings did Van Gogh sell in his lifetime? One....!!!

Plein Air: There are many end results for a Plein Air Painting.
It is what it is....
1...It never is intended to be touched up or finished after returning back home. It is either  finished
     or not finished before you leave.
2...It is meant to be finished after returning back home.
3...It is a study for the painting you start and finish after returning back home.

Viewer Contribution: 
Debbie, from California, is sharing her Plein Air Painting. We also get the pleasure in seeing a photo of her view. We can see how she made it her own by how she simplified and changed the composition. Thank you...your painting is beautiful. 

Here is what Debbie said:

I am going to attempt posting a comment again.  I really like your blogsite.

Here is my Plein Aire painting to share for today....I am going out again today with a group of friends.  We'll have a lot of fun - I know.  I'll send you another post later this week.

Cedarville-Warner Mtns.
I painted this in July from under a shade tree at the Modoc District Fair Grounds.  The group I paint with meets at least a few times through the summer months and travel to different parts of the county.  Sometimes we pack a picnic for our break too.  I use Joni Leaf's plein air painting list to keep my "packing" to a limit and also so I don't forget items that I need.  I have even made a plein air paint tote so that I am not packing my entire studio paints with me.  I like the freedom that outdoor painting provides.  Everyone in the group always has a different perspective, composition, and style.  I am getting ready to go again today....
Happy painting!  
Debbie Pedersen
P.S...Also, I forgot to mention the importance of a thumbnail sketch.  During this outing I did not use one, and look! the barn is in the middle of the picture....I think I'll use this one for a "field painting" and repaint it this winter in my studio...


Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment